Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals – A Record-Breaking Rivalry
When it comes to Mumbai Indians and Rajasthan Royals, players of both teams are known to bring their A-game to the field each time. There have been 15 Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals matches so far, out of which the former has won eight (and one was a ‘no result’). Overall, the Rajasthan Royals have played 130 matches so far, with 66 wins and four ‘no results’. On the other hand, the Mumbai Indians have played 169 matches, winning 96 and tying one. The Rajasthan Royals have had one title win (in 2008) while the Mumbai Indians have won the Indian Premier League thrice (in 2013, 2015 and 2017).
Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals - Facts you need to know
With Rohit Sharma as the skipper and Mahela Jayawardene as the coach, the Ambanis have picked some solid players to mentor the team. On the other hand, Ajinkya Rahane leads team RR with Paddy Upton as their main coach. To know more about the most crucial players in an MI vs RR match, read on:
- Rohit Sharma, the MI skipper, is a powerhouse performer during every Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals match. He is their highest runs-scorer at 4493 runs, 379 fours and 184 sixes. He led the side into their title wins all three times.
- Lasith Malinga is a revered MI bowler and fierce on the field in every Rajasthan Royals vs Mumbai Indians match. At 179 dismissals, he is their highest wickets-taker.
- Another player to watch out for in Mumbai Indians is Kieron Pollard who holds the record for the highest catches-taker with 84 so far.
- Rajasthan Royals skipper, Ajinkya Rahane is a man with a reputation and plays to win in every RR vs MI match. Currently, he holds the record for most runs by a Royals batsman at 3427 runs.
- Shane Watson has the highest individual batting tally of 117. He also scored 109 sixes, the most by a Rajasthan Royals player. On the bowling front, he holds the record for the most number of dismissals in his team at 92 wickets.
- All-rounder Stuart Binny is another RR player to keep your eyes on during every Rajasthan Royals vs Mumbai Indians match. He has a strike rate of 124.74 and bowling economy rate of 7.64.
Do More with Dream11
At Dream11, the official partner of top sports leagues like the NBA, Hero CPL and Hero ISL, you can make history with your in-depth knowledge of the Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals rivalry. Here is how:
- Pick an upcoming Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals match.
- Create a fantasy team from the players participating in the match. Choose the best performing players based on your in-depth knowledge of past player performances.
- Once done creating the team, track the Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals match score. That’s because the MI vs RR live score will affect your fantasy cricket tally on Dream11.
- If you perform well, you stand to win great winnings from the cash contest you’ve participated in.
So, do not lose out on all the fast-paced cricketing action from IPL. Log in right away and be a part of an amazing fantasy cricket experience on Dream11.
Content Powered by