ICC Women’s World Cup - Battle To The Top
The ICC Women's World Cup is one of the most watched women’s sporting events and has managed to build an incredible following since its inception in 1973. Australia, England and New Zealand are the most successful teams in the history of ICC Women’s World Cup. In 2009, the International Cricket Council decided to commence a women’s T20 World Cup with eight participating teams, which grew to ten in the year 2014 Since then, fans have been getting to enjoy these thrilling tournaments much more frequently. With the upcoming edition of ICC Women’s World Cup around the corner, it is a good time to know a little bit about this popular tournament.
Know more about ICC Women’s World Cup
ICC Women’s World Cup has witnessed many exciting games in the past and this year is going to be no exception. So, if you are a cricket fan who is looking for more insights into the ICC Women's World Cup scores, players and more, keep reading.
- Australia has won the ICC Women’s World Cup tournament a whopping 6 times and England comes second with a winning score of 4 times.
- As far as ICC Women’s World Cup 2018 is concerned, Mithali Raj from India is leading with 1139 runs followed by Stafanie Taylor from England with 763 runs.
- Jhulan Goswami from Team India is the only bowler in the ICC Women’s World Cup who has made it to the fifth spot in the list of players with most wickets.
- Jhulan Goswami also leading the fielding charts with 16 catches and is sure to leave an impact on the ICC Women's World Cup points table.
- As for the Women’s T20 World Cup, Australia and England are the ones leading the count here too. Australia has won three tournaments back to back from 2010 to 2014, whereas England won the first ICC Women's T20 World Cup in 2009. They almost won the 2012 and 2014 ICC Women’s World Cup final but sadly lost.
- Off late, West Indies and New Zealand have been stepping up their game in ICC Women's T20 World Cup with the latter being the champions of 2016 ICC Women’s World Cup.
- In terms of players, Meghann Lanning from Australia is expected to continue her success streak on the field. She currently stands first in the list of players with most runs in the Women’s T20 World Cup with 711 runs.
- When it comes to the highest wicket-takers in the Women’s T20 World Cup, Australia’s Ellyse Perry and Anya Shrubsole from England lead the list with 36 and 33 wickets respectively.
- In terms of fielding, Ellyse Perry from Australia is are the one leading the list of most catches when it comes to Women's T20 World Cup.
This year’s ICC Women’s World Cup schedule looks promising with the above-mentioned players and teams battling it out on the field.
Dream11 - An Exciting Fantasy Cricket Experience
While the others are going to restrict themselves to watching the ICC Women’s World Cup, you can use this as an opportunity to sharpen your skills to earn fantasy cricket matches. If you consider yourself as a cricket enthusiast and have what it takes to form your own fantasy cricket team and win matches, then you must check out Dream11. Here, you can build your own team and participate in fantasy cricket matches, scoring some incredible winnings in the process. So, go ahead and register yourself with Dream11 to begin forming your own cricket team before the Women’s ICC World Cup goes on air.