Chennai Super Kings – Make Way for Cricketing Royalty
The Chennai Super Kings are one of the most successful teams of the IPL. Chennai Super Kings Cricket Ltd. is the team owner. The M. A. Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai, Tamil Nadu is their home ground. Cricketing legend Mahendra Singh Dhoni is the team captain and former New Zealand cricketer and captain, Stephen Fleming is their coach. With such such impressive names as their captain and coach, people surely have some high expectations from the team.
Chennai Super Kings - Know more about the team
Every Chennai Super Kings match is as exciting as they come. That’s because the team is known to put in their maximum efforts to win both the game and the hearts of millions of fans around the world. Here are a few interesting facts about the Chennai Super Kings players:
- The Chennai Super Kings have won three IPL titles so far (2010, 2011 and 2018). They have also won all matches on their home ground in Chennai.
- They won the Fair Play Award (based on points awarded by the umpires to each team at the end of each match for fair on-field playing) in six seasons of the IPL, including 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- Suresh Raina of the Chennai Super Kings scored the most runs in IPL history at a total of 4985.
- Chennai Super Kings have the highest win percentage (60.67%) and have won 91 of the 150 matches they have played overall IPL seasons so far.
- CSK captain, MS Dhoni, needs no introduction. He has one of the best strike rates of the tournament, at 138.19 (an all-season average). He has scored 186 sixes and 275 fours so far.
- All-rounder, Ravindra Jadeja, is a CSK match fixture and the captain’s main man. He was part of the U-19 World-Cup winning team in 2008. He has had 42 not-out batting stints/innings in the IPL so far and has taken 91 wickets.
- Dwayne Bravo is another star all-rounder with a batting average of 23.77 and strike rate of 128.39 over the seasons. He has also dismissed 136 wickets overall and has a bowling economy rate of 8.40.
- Bowler par excellence of the Chennai Super Kings, Harbhajan Singh, has bagged 134 dismissals and has a bowling economy rate of 7.05.
- In 2019 IPL Auction, Chennai Super Kings’ main strategy was to retain their old players. Even though players like Mohit Sharma and Ruturaj Gaikwad were added to the squad, they were very successful in retaining some of their star players like Deepak Chahar, KM Asif, Karn Sharma, Dhruv Shorey, Faf du Plessis, M Vijay, Sam Billings, Shane Watson, Imran Tahir, Kedar Jadhav, N Jagadeesan, Shardul Thakur.
Be a Winner at Dream11
If you find yourself looking forward to the CSK’s next match, you are certainly not alone! At Dream11, we help you turn your knowledge of your favourite IPL team into actual winnings. Here’s how:
- Go through the Chennai Super Kings players list on the eve of a CSK match.
- Keep tabs on the CSK scorecard through the course of the real match.
- The CSK scores then determine your fantasy cricket tally.
So, keep an eye on the Chennai Super Kings live scores during real IPL matches to know how they will affect your fantasy tally and therefore, your chances of winning on Dream11.