Play ISL On Dream11
The Indian Super League, officially known as Hero Indian Super League, is one of the most popular football leagues in India. Founded in 2013, this football league was formed in partnership with IMG, Reliance Industries and Star Sports. The first season of the league took place in 2014. Since its launch, ISL football games have gained quite a fan following in India.
In its first season, the league had eight teams. By the 2017-18 season, the number of teams increased to ten. These teams would compete against each other through a five-month-long schedule of football matches.
ISL Football Teams - Who’s Playing?
Currently, ISL consists of ten teams from nine different Indian states. Each team should have minimum 22 players and can have a maximum 25 players on their roster. Of these players on their roster, the team is allowed to have a maximum seven foreign players.
Here are the teams currently playing in ISL with some interesting facts:
- ATK - Formerly known as Atlético de Kolkata, they are the winners of the inaugural and third season of ISL. Kalu Uche from the team is the sixth highest goal scorer in the league with 17 goals.
- Bengaluru FC - The Sree Kanteerava Stadium in Bengaluru is the home ground of the club. Sunil Chhetri and Miku are the top goal scorers in the team with 42 and 15 goals each.
- Chennaiyin FC - The club is the winner of the second and fourth season of ISL. Jeje Lalpekhlua is the second highest goal scorer in the league with 23 goals.
- Delhi Dynamos FC - Narayan Das from the club has played 55 matches, the fourth most in the league. Josep Gombau is the current head coach. He is a former FC Barcelona youth team coach.
- FC Goa - The home ground of the club is Fatorda Stadium in Margao. Coro, who plays as the forward, has fourth-most goals in the league - 18 goals. Virat Kohli is one of the co-owners of the club.
- Jamshedpur FC - The team is owned by Tata Steel and its home ground is the JRD Tata Sports Complex. Subrata Paul from the club has the fourth most appearances in the league - 55 matches.
- Kerala Blasters FC - Sandesh Jhingan from the club is the second most experienced player (59 games) in the league. Sachin Tendulkar is one of the owners of this club. Their home ground is the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Kochi.
- Mumbai City FC - Mehrajuddin Wadoo is the most experienced player in the team with 51 appearances. Ranbir Kapoor is one of the owners of the club.
- NorthEast United FC - The club represents the eight states in North East India and is owned by John Abraham. Their home ground is the Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium in Guwahati.
- FC Pune City- Iain Hume from the club has scored the most goals in the league - 28. He is also the most experienced player in the league with 59 appearances. One of the owners of the club is Arjun Kapoor.
Playing ISL on Dream11
Being the official sports partner of Hero ISL, Dream11 brings you the best ISL fantasy football experience. Available on web, Android and iOS, playing ISL football games are incredibly convenient with Dream11. With the new season of ISL coming up, better brush your fantasy football skills to ace the matches and score incredible winnings.
Content Powered by