Based in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Melbourne Stars is a popular twenty20 cricket team franchise. It competes in the Twenty20 competition of the very famous Big Bash League, a professional franchise of Australia. This team was founded in 2011 and is also referred to as team Green.
Want to join the action for TATA IPL League? Play on Dream11 and make your IPL fantasy cricket
About Melbourne Stars Wbbl
The Green jersey holders, Melbourne Stars, have not won the Big Bash League but have stayed the runners-up thrice in 2015- 16, 2018- 19 and 2019- 20. This team is sponsored by Nike, Aussie Broadband, MG and Ritchie Bros.
This team is owned by Cricket victoria and is currently under the training of coach David Hussey. Initially, the team was also trained by Greg Shipperd and Stephen Fleming. This team has had 9 captains, the legendary Shane Warne, Brad Hodge, Peter Handscomb and others. The current captain of this team is Glenn Maxwell.
This team is constantly winning hearts because of its incredible performance. With an experience of 9 years, this team has also set a record by scoring the highest score of 154 against Hobart Hurricanes.
Melbourne Stars Players List
The list of the Batsmen, All-Rounders, International players, Wicket keeper, Pace Bowler and Spin bowler of the team Melbourne Stars are as follows:
|Batsmen Joe Burns
||Batsmen Nick Larkin
||International player Andre Russell
|All-rounder Marcus Stoinis
||All-rounder Beau Webster
||All rounder Clint Hinchliffe
|Captain Glenn Maxwell
||All-rounder Hilton Cartwright
||Wicketkeeper Seb Gotch
|International player Joe Clarke
||Wicketkeeper Peter Nevill
||Pace Bowler Sam Elliott
|Pace Bowler Nathan Coulter- Nile
||Pace Bowler Liam Hatcher
||Pace Bowler Brody Couch
|Pace Bowler Billy Stanlake
||Pace Bowler Sam Rainbird
||Spin bowler Tom O' Connell
|International player Syed Faridoun
||Spin bowler Adam Zampa
||International player Qais Ahmad
This is the list of Melbourne Stars players, including international players. The efforts of these players have made Melbourne stars a well-recognized team. The players of this team play to their strength, and the team has the correct number of all categories of players, whether batsman, spin bowlers, pace bowlers or wicket keepers. The team's diversity makes it unique and strong at the same time.
Melbourne Stars Last Match Scorecard
The last match of Melbourne Stars was held with Hobart Hurricanes in the series of 2021- 2022. Melbourne Stars played a total of 14 matches in the series. The last match was won by Melbourne Stars by 106 runs. Therefore the discussion on the scorecard and other relevant details of the last match of Melbourne Stars for the Big Bash League series of 2021- 2022 are as follows:
- The match was held on 19th January 2022. Hobart Hurricanes won the toss and chose to ball first.
- The maximum run in this match was scored by none other than the captain of Melbourne Stars, Glenn Maxwell. Glenn scored 154 runs in 64 balls with 22 boundaries and 4 sixes.
- Marcus Stoinis made the next highest. He made a total of 75 runs in just 31 balls with 4 boundaries and 6 sixes.
- The bowlers of the team showed an impeccable performance too. They took a total of 6 wickets from the team of Hobart Hurricanes.
- The Melbourne stars gave a target of 273 runs. The final score was 273 runs on the loss of 2 wickets.
- On the other hand, Hobart Hurricanes could not shine in the match. They won the toss and chose to bowl and field first.
- The bowlers of the team could not show their magic as they could only take 2 wickets.
- Ben McDermott scored the maximum runs. He scored a total of 55 runs in 33 balls with 2 boundaries and 4 sixes.
- D' Arcy Short scored the second-highest of 41 runs in 36 balls with 3 boundaries and zero sixes.
- The team scored 167 runs with the loss of 6 wickets.
Melbourne Stars– Big Bash League ( 2020–2021)
The Melbourne Stars participated in the Big Bash League for 2020-2021. The team joined with the same spirit and enthusiasm and performed amazingly. The highlights of these league matches are as follows:
- The team played under the coaching of David Hussey with captain Glenn Maxwell.
- Melbourne star played a total of 14 matches but could only win 5 matches.
- The matches won by Melbourne Stars are as follows:
- Brisbane Heat vs. Melbourne Stars (Melbourne Stars won by 6 wickets)
- Melbourne Stars vs. Sydney Thunders (Melbourne Stars won by 22 runs)
- Melbourne Stars vs. Hobart Hurricanes (Melbourne Stars won by 10 runs)
- Melbourne Stars vs. Adelaide Strikers (Melbourne Stars won by 111 runs)
- Melbourne Renegades vs. Melbourne Stars (Melbourne Stars won by 6 wickets)
- In the entire series, Marcus Stoinis happened to score the maximum run of 396. The performance of Marcus Stoinis was commendable and appreciated internationally.
- In the case of bowling, the maximum wickets were taken by Adam Zampa. He took a total of 19 wickets and became the player to take the maximum wickets for the team of Melbourne Stars.
To know more on TATA IPL fantasy cricket playing11, match previews, predictions, etc., stay tuned on fantasy cricket