The consistent and hard-hitting Sunrisers Hyderabad will be playing a match against the Punjab Kings, a team with immense potential.
Hyderabad has performed consistently owing to their strategy of not changing their squad much. Punjab Kings have been trying different strategies over the years and have put on many dynamic performances.
In this piece, we are going to analyze pbks vs srh matches, their history, head-to-head clashes and best players.
Want to join the action for TATA IPL League? Play on Dream11 and make your IPL fantasy cricket
Past performance of Kings XI Punjab and Sunrisers Hyderabad
Playing since 2013, Hyderabad has already won the IPL championship in 2016. In contrast, Punjab Kings, which has been part of the IPL since its commencement in 2008, is yet to achieve its maiden championship title. They have made it to five playoffs within the seven seasons of IPL but, unfortunately, have never been able to win.
Hyderabad seems to have a clear edge on paper; however, their performance in 2020-2021 has been their poorest performance yet, whereas Punjab delivered the best performances the team has ever seen.
There have been some fascinating matches between Punjab and Hyderabad in the last few years. So far, in the past, both have had some of the best batsmen on their teams. Hyderabad had one of the best batting line-ups, consisting of legends like David Warner, Kane Williamson, and Johny Bairstow. Punjab, too, had a great batting line-up with players like KL Rahul and Chris Gayle on their team. This led to matches between these two teams, giving rise to some of the best batting performances. No wonder then that their matches are perfect for fantasy cricket.
But 2022 brought with it a major change. With all teams being allowed to only retain a maximum of 4 players, there is bound to be some major shuffling and restructuring of teams. This is going to change the standing of each team and how they play.
Head to head performance: Kings XI Punjab vs Sunrisers Hyderabad
In the past, under the leadership of their captain David Warner and head coach Trevor Bayliss, Hyderabad has had a steady and positive performance. On the other hand, in the past, Punjab has played in a dynamic fashion, which made them a sight to see.
(In the past, Sunrisers Hyderabad and Punjab XI played 14 matches, of which Hyderabad won 10. This makes them a formidable enemy, especially since they have been performing well season after season.)
Punjab is utilizing a new strategy that is greatly paying off for them—including being led by K. L. Rahul and Anil Kumble as the new head coach. They are retaining many of their old players and acquiring great players like England Maxwell as part of the strategy.
So far in the past matches, players on the Hyderabad side have made the most runs.
- David Warner, who was leading the Sunrisers Hyderabad team for a while, has made 574 runs.
- Shikhar Dhawan has made 259 runs.
- K. L. Rahul, who has served on both teams, has made 244 runs.
However, do not get swayed by the number of runs, because the highest scores on the points' table are of players who are on the Punjab Kings' team.
- Chris Gayle scored 104 while playing for Hyderabad.
- Hashim Amla scored 96 while playing for Hyderabad.
- Glenn Maxwell scored 95 while playing for the Punjab Kings' team.
As for bowlers, again, players on the Hyderabad team have taken the most wickets:
- Bhuvnesh Kumar has taken 18 wickets while playing for team Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- Rashid Khan has taken 11 wickets while playing for Hyderabad's team.
- Sandeep Sharma, who has served on the Hyderabad as well as the Punjab team, is currently at 15 wickets.
However, when it comes to the best bowling based on the IPL points table:
- Ankit Rajput of Punjab Kings has scored 514.
- Buvnesh Kumar, who has played for both sides, has scored 5419.
Keeping in mind these facts and how the teams have been performing, it's impossible to predict how the match will go! To make such a game even more interesting, you could also play fantasy cricket and earn real money while watching the match.
Retained players in each team
In 2022, Hyderabad has decided to shake it up and has only retained 3 of their players—Kane Williamson, Abdul Samad and Umran Mallik. Punjab Kings has only retained two players—Mayank Agarwal and Arshdeep Singh.
Top retained batters and their performance in head-to-head matches till 2021
- Kate Williamson, who has scored 1885 runs in 63 matches, is the top batsman amongst the retained players. The Sunrisers Hyderabad has retained him.
- The second best is Mayank Agarwal. He has made 2131 runs in 100 matches and is retained by Punjab Kings.
Top retained bowlers and their performance in head-to-head matches till 2021
- The best-retained bowler is Arshdeep Singh, who has taken 30 wickets in 23 matches.
Stats of retained players from last season:
- Kane Williamson scored 17 runs against Punjab Kings.
- Abdul Samad scored one run against Punjab kings.
- Mayank Agarwal scored 27 runs against Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- Arshdeep Singh took two wickets and scored one run against Sunrisers Hyderabad.
A match between these two teams has always been full of twists and turns. It will be interesting to see if, going forward, how the teams perform, what strategies they follow, and if the teams with their new players completely change their old trajectory or if they continue on the same. It will be extremely interesting to see the performance of both these teams, especially against each other, in the future.
To know more on TATA IPL fantasy cricket playing11, match previews, predictions, etc., stay tuned on Dream11
Indian T20 Fantasy Premier League