The Pro Kabaddi League has successfully created its niche in the highly competitive sports scene of India. Since its inception in 2014, the viewership has grown rapidly with a fan base that includes the young and old across geographies in India and abroad. The PKL saw the introduction of four new teams for the 2017 season and this helped boost the viewership on traditional mediums as well as digital consumption.
Fans have been rewarded with five seasons of PKL and 2018 brings us the sixth edition of the sport. The PKL 2018 schedule for season six begins in October with 12 teams divided into two zones who will battle on the mats across the nation to win the coveted trophy. Prior to the play-offs stage of the league, all teams will be playing a set of fifteen intra-zone and seven inter-zone matches. These matches will be played at various metros all over India before heading to Kochi for the playoffs. This would be followed by the semis with the finale to be played in Mumbai. So, follow PKL season 6 with Dream11 and hone your sports strategy skills. Check out the PKL fixtures and make your picks before every PKL live match.
The contenders for 2018 Pro Kabbadi League are:
- Bengal Warriors - A veteran in PKL, the Bengal Warriors have been playing in the tournament since 2014. The team has shown constant improvement and have moved up the leaderboard with every season. The 2018 squad will be lead by Surjeet Singh. With a healthy mix of All-rounders and raiders, the team is set for a strong finish in the sixth season of the PKL.
- U Mumba - Representing the bustling metro of Mumbai, team U Mumba has made an appearance in all seasons of the PKL, finishing as champions once and as runner-up on two occasions. With such impressive track record, they are heading into PKL season 6 as the top favourites for the title. Fazel Atrachali returns to U Mumba as captain after a stint with the Gujarat Fortunegiants and champions Patna Pirates. Team U Mumba continue to be one of the toughest teams in the Pro Kabaddi league 2018 to play against due to their tactful gameplay and brilliant teamwork.
- Puneri Paltan - The legendary Maratha valour is on proud display with the Puneri Paltan team. The underdog team has consistently displayed tremendous potential and boasts a line up of phenomenal athletes like Sandeep Narwal, Deepak Dahiya, and captain Girish Ernak. Every point against this side is an uphill battle and they almost never will let their opponents have it easy.
- Dabang Delhi K.C. - Representing the north since season one of the PKL, team Dabang Delhi K.C. may not have the best scores in the past but the 2018 squad surely looks to bring in that much-required improvement. Joginder Singh Narwal takes the reigns as captain and his impressive numbers on the PKL points table are sure to be a major plus for the team. Other prominent members of the team are Iranian Meraj Sheykh, Chandran Ranjit and all-rounder Rajesh Narwal.
- Haryana Steelers - As one of the recent entrants to the PKL, the Haryana Steelers team ended the 2017 season on a strong note. They are back in the game for season six with some star signings for the team. This new Haryana squad has got their eyes on the prize. Although everything won’t be smooth sailing for them as their star player and skipper Surender Nada suffered an injury and is indefinitely out of the sport for a while. Monu Goyat, raider Wazir Singh and Vikash Khandola will have plenty to do if they want to win the coveted title.
- Gujarat Fortunegiants - After a fantastic debut appearance, the super successful Gujarat squad has retained most of its players to take another shot at the title they marginally missed. Leading the team this season as captain will be Sunil Kumar with other star players such as Mahendra Rajput, K. Prapanjan and Hadi Oshtorak being a part of the team. The team is built around a strong defence strategy and a selection of quick-footed raiders, a lethal combination that makes them a title favourite.
- Jaipur Pink Panthers - After winning the inaugural season of the PKL, the team has continued to remain in the PKL records for putting in stellar performances. Captain Anup Kumar along with raider Deepak Hooda, Nitin Rawal and Mohit Chhillar are the ones to look out for. Their valuable experience and exceptional skills will earn the Jaipur Pink Panthers a comfortable spot among the top teams in the PKL standings.
- Telugu Titans - With multiple finishes at the play-off stage, the feisty Telugu Titans have always fallen short of clearing the tough stages. The PKL auction of 2018 saw some talented additions made to the squad to give the team a much-needed push to pursue the title. This is a strong raiding team with some of the PKL top raiders like Rahul Chaudhari, Mohsen Maghsoudloujafari and Nilesh Salunke being the key players.
- U.P. Yoddha - The team made its PKL debut in 2017 and finished fifth in the standings. Their PKL matches are a masterful display of strength and clever strategy. Captain Rishank Devadiga is regarded as one of the PKL top raiders, and defenders Jeeva Kumar and Nitesh Kumar make up an impenetrable defence. Together this squad has a mix of seasoned veterans and gifted youngsters to give them a worthy shot at the title.
- Tamil Thalaivas - Making an entry to the tournament in 2017, the Tamil Thalaivas bring their unique flamboyant style to the PKL. Roping in Ajay Thakur as captain for the team for PKL season 6, his dexterous raiding skills will be an asset to the team. The Thalaivas have also strengthened their defence with Amit Hooda and Manjeet Chhillar. Youngsters Athul MS and Vimal Raj V will also play important roles to help the team challenge for the title.
- Bengaluru Bulls - Representing the tech capital of India, the Bengaluru Bulls have had a roller coaster journey through the PKL franchise. With the highest finish as runner-up in 2015, the team has worked hard to bring in improvements to their team. The team is known to majorly focus on offence and will look to improve their defence in this season. Team captain Rohit Kumar had his most successful season last year and will be looking to lead his team to the ultimate victory. Other players to follow are raider Kashiling Adake, defenders Ashish Kumar and Mahender Singh A.K.A Bulldozer.
- Patna Pirates - Arguably the best team of the PKL, the Patna Pirates have set the standard in almost every point-scoring category of the PKL. As three-time champions of the PKL, this is the team to beat. Captain Pardeep Narwal has been associated with the team since season three and has been voted as MVP (Most Valuable Player) twice. Raider Deepak Narwal returns to the team this season and he will be joined by Jawahar Dagar and Jaideep in the defence department. The team will be fiercely defending their title and will most certainly leave it all out on the mat this season.
So if you are a Pro Kabaddi enthusiast, follow the PKL matches on Dream11 and be part of the action. Get a share of your own PKL points table when you match up against the best sports enthusiasts on Dream11. Make your selections before the PKL live match and enjoy a truly immersive sports strategy experience. Download the mobile app or check out the Dream11 website right away!
Content Powered by